Friday, June 9, 2017

Book Review: "Princess Prayers"

I chose this complimentary Zondervan book for review because I knew my daughters would love it. But I was truly surprised and impressed by its content. I honestly expected it to be a little silly, perhaps just sappy sweet. Yet each prayer is well done and firmly anchored in Scripture. When you give this book to your daughter, you are introducing her to prayers for all occasions - when angry, when in need of forgiveness, for worship and praise and thanksgiving, when fearful, when waking and going to sleep, when savoring God's Presence and enjoying His Creation.

Princess Prayers is a board book that can be introduced to preschoolers, yet it looks grown up enough that older girls will enjoy it too. The artwork is sweet, showing five teenage princesses pausing to pray at various times throughout their day. The prayers are rhyming poems, eight lines long. Each ends with a corresponding Bible verse.

If you have young daughters, I recommend this book to you. I predict it will become a keepsake they'll continue to read as they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment