Friday, June 16, 2017

Book Review: "The Lucky Few"

As Heather Avis puts it, when she and her husband said yes to adoption, they stepped off of the smoothly paved path through a carefully cultured rose garden and into a wildflower adventure. They never could have imagined what God had in store for them, yet even through great challenges, scary moments, and daily struggles, they are thankful they chose His way. As Heather tells the story in her book, The Lucky Few, she explains why.

As a new mother to four daughters with special concerns of their own, I appreciated the way Heather explained her thoughts and feelings every step of the way. Many times I thought, "Yes! It's just like that!" She put my own thoughts into words, and she made them okay. Heather felt relief whenever someone said something to normalize her unusual life. Her book gave that same feeling of normalcy to me.

If you have grown or are thinking about growing your family through adoption, this book will inspire you and give you hopeful perspective. And even if adoption isn't a path you plan to take, you'll find the Avis's story a fascinating testimony to God's amazing work in and through people who choose to follow Him faithfully. I highly recommend this read.

Zondervan sent me a complimentary copy, so I could share my honest opinion with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment