Saturday, January 7, 2017

Book Review: "A Spectacle of Glory"

I've appreciated the encouragement and insight that I gain from Joni Eareckson Tada's devotionals since I read Diamond in the Dust several years ago. I've read that book more than once, but I watch for Tada's new books, too.

Her newest release is a little different but still full of wisdom and encouragement for those who need someone to tell them to hang in there; God is faithful and can be trusted in all situations, all the time.

A Spectacle of Glory focuses on helping readers to let God's light shine through their lives - like His light shone through the burning bush that caught Moses' attention. God shines through us as we handle circumstances His way, so others can see His work, His character, and come to know Him like we do.

Each of the 365 devotionals has a Scripture reference at the top. After reading the passage in their Bibles, readers will be ready for Tada's thoughts about it. She concludes every thought with a prayer. I received a complimentary copy of this devotional from a publicist, so I could share my impression with you. If you haven't yet found a daily devotional for 2017, I recommend this one to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment