Saturday, December 24, 2016

Book Review: "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day"

I first noticed Mark Batterson's book In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day about ten years ago when it was first released. I wanted to read it then but never got around to it. So when Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers offered me a complimentary copy of its re-release for review, I gratefully accepted. Batterson says, "God is never early, and He is never late!" That was the case with this book. I'm facing several lions of my own right now, and God has added Batterson's voice to those encouraging me to keep facing them until the job is done.

Overall, I loved the book. It is a challenge to Christians to live a courageous life of obedience to God. Batterson says that righteous living is more than eliminating negative things from our lives; it's choosing to do what's right. Sometimes those right choices will mean doing hard things, taking huge risks, and living counter intuitively. But when God is leading us into it, we don't want to be doing anything else - even if we find ourselves fighting a lion in a pit on a snowy day.

If you're in need of motivation to try something new, something you suspect God is leading you to do, I recommend this book for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment