Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Book Review: "A Royal Christmas Wedding"

Oh, yay! I've been waiting for this story since I finished reading the first book in The Royal Wedding series. Author Rachel Hauck introduced these characters there, and I believed they were destined for each other. Hauck made us wait for that story, though. But her main character has been waiting as well. Prince Colin caved to family pressure and dropped the ball, leaving Avery to attend her high school senior prom and figure out life from there on her own.

I love that Hauck brought Avery back to the Kingdom of Brighton. I also love that she created and resurrected a long-neglected Brighton tradition to help Colin and Avery work through their issues and decide their futures. I also get a kick out of Madeline & Hyacinth, a talk show host team that can't leave royal bachelors alone. Readers aren't meeting them for the first time in this book. Their mischief was entertaining again.

This story does stand alone if you haven't read the previous books in the series, though characters from past books make appearances that could be spoilers if you plan to go back and read those books. I recommend A Royal Christmas Wedding to fans of romantic Christian fiction and of Christmas novellas. Zondervan sent a complimentary copy to me, so I could share my opinion of the story with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment