Monday, August 1, 2016

Book Review: "Dawn at Emberwilde"

When you know that a book just has to have a happily-ever-after ending but still become anxious about all the plots against the heroine, you know the storyteller is a master. Sarah Ladd writes with that kind of skill, and Dawn at Emberwilde had me biting my fingernails from the book's middle to its end.

Ladd started the story slowly, introducing new characters placed in a setting readers of her previous book, The Curiosity Keeper, already know. She then took those characters to a new setting - one with more than a hint of danger and mystery - and introduced them, and her readers, to the rest of the book's cast.

To summarize, Isabel Creston and her younger sister, Lizzie, learn that they have family after all. Under duress, they accept an invitation to go live with them. They find themselves in a world of secrets and superstitions. Isabel must navigate carefully, using the truth she knows, to make tough decisions in order to ensure that she and her sister will enjoy a future of freedom, security, and safety.

I thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending me a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review. I loved reading it. Sarah Ladd is an author whose books I always look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment