Saturday, April 23, 2016

Book Review: "Siren's Song"

Siren's Song is the third book in Mary Weber's Storm Siren Trilogy. I loved the first two books and eagerly anticipated this one, but struggled to read it through. Most of the book consisted of 17-year-old Nym trying to understand the man she loves' actions and preparing for the dreaded final war. In other words, there's a lot of talk but not much story until the final battle arrives.

I did think the ending found in the final few chapters of the book was perfect, though. It did not disappoint. And the discussion questions helped me to identify some of the concepts the author was trying to convey.

Siren's Song is classified as teenage fiction, but I felt that some of Nym's thoughts and actions were too mature for this age. I wouldn't be comfortable letting my daughter read this book. I received a complimentary eCopy from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for this honest review.

1 comment: