Thursday, December 3, 2015

Old Year's Race-to-the-Finish Reading Update #2

Two weeks ago, I posted my list of books I'm hoping to finish by the end of 2015. Here's where I stand today:

  • Perelandra by C.S. Lewis (Finished!)
  • The Tears of Dark Water by Corban Addison (Currently on page 57 of 439)
  • The Bronte' Plot by Katherine Reay (Finished! Read my review here.)
  • Audacious by Beth Moore (Finished!)
  • Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon (Currently at location 1204 of 3430)
  • The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene' Brown (Currently on page 23 of 130)
  • Saying It Well by Charles Swindoll (Finished!)
  • Breaking Free Day-by-Day by Beth Moore (Currently on page 291 of 382)
  • A Respectable Actress by Dorothy Love (Finished! Read my review here.)
  • That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis (Currently on page 32 of 380)
  • The Wedding Chapel by Rachel Hauck (Currently on page 27 of 368)
  • All Is Calm - All Is Bright by Colleen Coble (Started! Currently on page 11 of 179.)
  • Longing for Paris by Sarah Mae (Started! Currently on page 45 of 198.)
  • Sisterchicks Go Brit! by Robin Jones Gunn (Not started yet)
  • Worship Changes Everything by Darlene Zschech (Currently on page 64 of 251)

Two more books for me to review arrived on my doorstep before December began. One was not expected so soon, the other a surprise! But I do try to finish reviews within a month of the time I receive the book, so I'm adding these two to my list, giving myself permission to be late if I must be:

  • Trim Healthy Mama Plan by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison
  • Whispers in the Reading Room by Shelley Gray
What kinds of reading goals do you set for yourself? Do you set ambitious goals, then give yourself permission to fall short of reaching them? Do you set strict goals and make them high priorities? Do you set reachable goals and find joy in surpassing your personal expectations?

No comments:

Post a Comment