Saturday, December 26, 2015

Book Review: "Trim Healthy Mama Plan"

Chemistry was one of my least favorite classes in high school. I didn’t care much more for it when I helped successive children through it in their high school years. I think this is why I struggled to read the Trim Healthy Mama Plan. It felt like chemistry class.

Don’t get me wrong. The teachers for this class are friendly and entertaining. They want their students to succeed. But the material is still chemistry. It’s not what you eat or how much, but how you combine it: meats with veggies but never potatoes, fruits with grains, etc. Several chapters in I was still struggling to understand what foods I could safely serve together without forever ruining my family’s health and metabolism.

Then I realized that my family is healthy right now, and I wondered if God really meant for meal preparation to be so complicated. I put the book away. I may use it as a reference from time to time, and I’m interested in trying some of Pearl and Serene’s recipes, but the plan as a whole is too complex. Everything in moderation (except for gluten, soy, and dairy) works for me.

Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers sent me a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment