Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Review: "All Is Calm/All Is Bright"

This book showed up on my doorstep as a happy surprise. I love Colleen Coble's books. They are always the perfect combination of romance, suspense, mystery, and insight. All Is Calm/All Is Bright is actually two stories for the price of one, novellas for Christmas set in places familiar to Coble's fans: Bluebird Ranch and Hope Beach. This means readers get to learn what's going on in the lives of familiar characters while discovering the fates of some of the minor characters from Coble's books.

The first story is set at Bluebird Ranch. I haven't read the series places there yet, but I wasn't lost. The short story stands alone just fine. In this story, Lauren Everman goes to the ranch to hide. Her cousin is framing her for a crime she didn't commit. Brendan Waddell, a visitor to the ranch, decides to investigate on her behalf, though he's not convinced she's innocent.

The second story, set on Hope Beach, was used in two of Coble's series. I loved all of the subtle updates on the lives of characters from all of the stories involved. The main story, though, involves Delilah Carter, manager of Tidewater Inn. Someone is trying to kill her. Sheriff Tom Bourne is determined to discover who, protect the girl, and give her the best Christmas ever.

If you enjoy short Christmas stories around this time of year, I recommend this book to you. I received my complimentary copy from The Fiction Guild in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment