Thursday, November 12, 2015

Book Review: "Vendetta"

Lisa Harris is a new author to me, but I loved this first book in her new Nikki Boyd Files series. Vendetta is a race to find a missing girl, a girl who may have been kidnapped by the same serial killer who took Nikki’s sister a decade ago. A member of the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force, Nikki is called to drop everything, including a family emergency and a memorial event, to find this girl before it’s too late.

I enjoyed getting to know this new set of characters (Nikki, her family, Tyler, Sam, Greta, and Jack) and will look forward to learning more about them in future books. I loved the settings, Nashville and the Great Smoky Mountains. Harris did an amazing job of showing readers the enormity of the outdoor areas of Tennessee. What I liked most, though, was the book’s complete unpredictability. Every time I started to anticipate what was coming next, the story went another way. That’s the most essential feature of a great mystery.

Fans of this genre will have fun with Vendetta. I thank Revell for sending me a complimentary copy in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment