Monday, September 14, 2015

The 2015 Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon, Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon hosted by my reading friend, Tressa, of the Wishful Endings blog.

This read-a-thon will run from September 14 to 27, and the goal will be for all participants to whittle away at their ever-growing TBR piles and to post updates and reviews on their blogs or favorite form of social media. I'll be posting updates on my progress here until the 27th and a wrap-up post on the 28th.

When I first decided to play this game, I posted a list of books I thought I'd probably be working on between the 14th and the 27th. This is what that list looks like now:

Awakening by Tracy Higley (Currently on page 181 of 362.)

Of Other Worlds by C.S. Lewis (I finished reading this one on September 9th.)

The Hesitant Hero by Gilbert Morris (Currently on page 85 of 286.)

Sin and Syntax by Constance Hale (Currently on page 203 of 277.)

Popular by Tindell Baldwin (Currently on page 71 of 238.)

Ties That Bind by Cindy Woodsmall (I'm starting this today.)

Hiding Places by Erin Healy (Currently on page 13 of 351.)

Eyes of the Heart by Tracie Peterson (Currently at location 1034 of 2041.)

Saying It Well by Charles Swindoll (I'll start this when I finish Sin and Syntax.)

Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish by Sherrie Eldridge (Currently at location 94 of 1585.)

Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis (Currently on page 17 of 158.)

The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis by Jerry Root and Mark Neal (I'm starting this today.)

Nurturing Silence in a Noisy Heart by Wayne Oates (Currently on page 33 of 104.)

I have three other titles that I may work onto this list depending on how much progress I make. I don't really expect to finish this list, but I'm going to read as much as I can!

If you haven't signed up for this read-a-thon yet, but would like to, clicking on the picture will take you to Tressa's sign-up blog post. It's not too late! Click here to read Tressa's kick-off post from yesterday.

I'll be back tomorrow with a progress update. Until then, happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm laughing because you read like me! All the books I've chosen for the challenge are ones that I've partially read. Do you have them scattered around the house, too? (Just in case you have a minute to pick one up and read a few pages?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big list! Good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love C.S. Lewis. I hope you're getting some good reading in!

    ReplyDelete