Sunday, August 2, 2015

Book Review: "Drawing Fire"

Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore is the first book in her new series, Cold Case Justice. A cliffhanger of sorts, part of the story comes to a conclusion, but part does not. When I reached the end, I felt as if the author or publisher had torn the book in half and only given me the first part. I’ll be watching for the rest of it.

A victim of the crime during which her parents were murdered, Abby Hart has kept her real identity a secret for most of her life. Friends and family who know who she is fear the unknown murderer will come after her if the truth becomes known. But Abby wants justice for her parents more than anything else. As a homicide detective, she has dedicated her life to putting killers in jail, offering closure to victims’ family members like herself. If revealing who she is will help to catch her parents’ killers, Abby is willing to take the risk.

I enjoyed reading this book, getting to know the characters, watching them find answers that lead to more questions that take them where they don’t expect to go. I look forward to discovering where the answers found in this book will take them next.

Fans of police drama will enjoy this book and others by Janice Cantore. I received a complimentary eCopy from Tyndale House Publishers through NetGalley in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment