Saturday, July 18, 2015

Book Review: "Reservations for Two"

I’ve been anticipating the release of this book since I realized in the last twenty pages of A Table by the Window that the story wasn’t going to end in that book. Thankfully, I knew as I opened this one that the story wouldn’t end here either. The Two Blue Doors series is a trilogy; Reservations for Two is the placeholder between the beginning and the end.

I am enjoying this series, though. Hillary Manton Lodge gives readers all kinds of goodies—including recipes for the foods that various characters prepare. I may have finished reading this book, but the yellow stickies hanging out of it remind me I have some cooking to do!

Reservations for Two picks up where A Table by the Window left off. Juliette D’Alisa is in Europe, visiting family, preparing for her new restaurant's opening, and researching her grandmother’s history. In the first book, Juliette learned of her grandmother’s secrets. Now she’s seeking truth, hoping her great-aunt can remember enough about the past to be of help. At the same time, Juliette’s long-distance boyfriend, Neil, continues to try to persuade her that their relationship can continue to work though they live on opposite sides of the U.S., both with strong reasons not to move.

Juliette’s big, interfering family, the French/Italian/American culture mix-up, the emotions, the history, the mystery, and the recipes all work together to keep me reading this series. I’m looking forward to reading the resolutions and solutions promised in Book Three.

Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers sent me a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Putting these on my library list too! It sounds like a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete