Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Book Review: "Taken"

I knew I was going to love this book before I even read it. Dee Henderson is my favorite author, unquestionably. I've loved every one of her books, and Taken did not disappoint me.

Henderson's style is unique. Nobody gets into the heads of her characters to help readers understand them like she does. What's more, she's created her own little universe populated by characters from her previous books. I love reading each new book in order to meet the new characters and catch up with the older ones. Taken revisits characters from several of Henderson's books. (But, if you haven't yet read any of them, you won't be lost. Henderson gives you all the information you need to enjoy the current story.)

In Taken, we meet 27-year-old Shannon Bliss, a girl who was abducted at age 16, who mysteriously appears at a conference where Matthew Dane is scheduled to speak. Dane is a retired cop whose own daughter was kidnapped and recovered. He had left the police force in order to become a private investigator to solve his daughter's case. Now Shannon wants his help as she attempts to put her captors in jail and return to as normal of a life as she can.

I was intrigued from the beginning and surprised all the way through. Fans of romantic suspense will love this book. I received a complimentary copy from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment