Friday, June 5, 2015

Book Review: "Siren's Fury"

Book Two of the Storm Siren Trilogy, Siren's Fury, is here! And just as I anticipated from the last five pages of the first book, Nym's situation has gone from devastating to deadly. Not only has Draewolf stolen the love of her life, he's taken her powers as well. Now she must find a way to defeat him without any of the advantages she's come to depend on.

I found this book to be unsettling. The tension was high. The losses profound. Nym's alliances weren't to be trusted and neither were her instincts. She's an emotionally fragile character acting on desperation, making quick and uninformed decisions as she attempts to thwart evil and discover what's true. Imagine a political conspiracy theory story in a fantasy setting. Pretty much anything goes . . . and it did.

But as with the first book, I loved the ending and am anticipating Book Three. I can't even begin to imagine where Mary Weber will take Nym next, but I'm hoping Nym will discover who she truly is--and that all of her friends will survive the final storm.

Thomas Nelson Publishers sent me a complimentary eCopy of this book in exchange for this honest review. I recommend it to fans of action and adventure in imaginary worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment