Monday, June 8, 2015

Book Review: "The Art of Losing Yourself"

I loved this book! And I’m so glad I read it.

I almost didn’t. I’d seen a review that said the ending was disappointing. I didn’t want to be disappointed.

But I’ve enjoyed Katie Ganshert’s other books, so I decided to read the book.

In my opinion, it couldn’t have ended more perfectly! And everything leading up to that ending was absolutely worth reading.

This is a book about sisters. It’s a book about a marriage struggling to survive. It’s about a woman with dementia who remembers what counts. It’s about people who refuse to give up on people who tell them give up, who shove them away and claim they aren’t worth fighting for. It’s about people desperately in need of second chances, third, and fourth, and more. It’s about learning to be honest with yourself and others. It’s about loss and disappointment and heartache. But it’s also a story of hope and faith and God’s incredible faithfulness, His work behind the scenes even when it seems He’s forgotten His children have needs.

Our God never forgets. I love how Ganshert makes this point.

If you’ve been disappointed, hurt, or treated unfairly, The Art of Losing Yourself has a message (or two) for you. I recommend this read.

Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers sent me a complimentary copy in exchange for this honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Good review, Janet. Sounds like an intriguing book.

    ReplyDelete