Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Book Review: "Flash"

Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, and Second Chances by Rachel Anne Ridge is one of those books that my husband got to read by proxy. There was just so much packed into this book that demanded to be shared. Evidently Mike agreed. He’s given me a list of people to give the book to. We both know they’ll love it, too.

Inside this book, readers will find eleven principles of a life well lived in thirteen chapters with stories of Flash, Rachel, and their family, friends, and community. I’m still giggling about the singing parrots, touched by Flash’s change of heart toward Beau, and crying with Rachel over her tragic loss. I appreciate her willingness to give readers this glimpse into her life and the lessons she's learned with Flash.

Readers will also learn about Bible characters who interacted with donkeys and the lessons those animals, like Flash, had to teach. I loved all the connections Rachel made as she told all the stories--biblical, personal, professional--slowly drawing out their truths.

If you like reading inspirational memoirs with a touch of humor, you will love this book. And if you want to keep up with Flash, you can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, or through his blog. He’s quite the social creature, always ready to inspire and entertain.


I thank Rachel Anne Ridge and Tyndale House Publishers for sending me a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review. I loved reading it and am sure I will read it again. I recommend it to you!

For more information from Rachel (and to see Flash in action), watch this sweet book trailer:

2 comments:

  1. So cute...sounds like a great book! I'll have to check it out. Thanks so much for sharing Janet! Stopping by from Christian Women Blogger Unite. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved this book. I was amazed at all that I learned from Flash :)

    ReplyDelete