Friday, March 13, 2015

Book Review: "You're Loved No Matter What"

A few weeks ago, I told my husband I was noticing that several of the books I read, those that would be classified as topical Bible studies or devotionals, did a great job of defining the issue and telling the reader why the issue had to change, but they never told the reader how. They were good books, and I enjoyed reading them. But they left me wanting to know the “how.”

Holley Gerth tells her readers how!

Her newest book, You’re Loved No Matter What, tells readers how to free their hearts from the need to be perfect. Her style is fun and personal, like she’s writing a letter to you. She even promises hugs when we meet her in Heaven—or sooner. The message: she really cares about her readers and wants to help them overcome this all-too-common struggle with perfectionism.

The book is thorough, covering every cause of the problem and outlining many possible cures. Holley uses personal illustrations, Bible passages, and information from other books to make each point, and she makes each point clearly. I learned so much from this book; it’s one I’ll read again. (And since this is the first book of hers I've had the pleasure to read, I'll be seeking the others, too!)

If you are a woman who struggles with perfectionistic tendencies, I recommend You Are Loved No Matter What. Revell sent me a complimentary copy in exchange for this honest review.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh. This book sounds amazing!! I'm so glad you shared it, Janet! I will put it on my 'must read' list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    I found your blog through `The Book Nook`
    Wonderful review! I did a review on this book, also.

    I plan on visiting your blog more, now that I know it's here!
    It does take me a while to get back around, tho. With my busy life.
    Have a great weekend!

    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2015/03/review-youre-loved-no-matter-what.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Holly Gerth and really want to! This one sounds a little like a book I read a few years ago called 'Grace for the Good Girl.' It was really good.

    Thanks for your great review. I'll have to check her books out. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! You gave us a good idea of what to expect in this book. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like one I need to order. I love Holly Gerth. Thanks for sharing.Found you through Christian Women Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete