Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Janet's Reading Themes for 2015


I don't know how you choose books to read. But I like to choose reading themes. Last year, along with whatever books came along for review, I focused on books by Dee Henderson. I read Jennifer, then I reread The O'Malley's series, then I caught up with Henderson's three most recent books. Now I've learned her next book, Taken, will be released in April - I can't wait!

For 2015, I have some new themes:

First, for my devotional reading, along with my Bible, I'll be reading books by C.S. Lewis. I've collected most of them and read several. But I still have more to read and some I long to reread. I don't expect to get through them all, but I'm going to read as many as I can. I'm starting with The Weight of Glory, one I've seen quoted from often that I have yet to read.

Also for devotional reading, I plan to read some of the Kindle Freebies I've collected over the past few years. Some are by well-known authors like Beth Moore. Others are by bloggers who wanted to share their thoughts in digital book form. I've gleefully grabbed so many of these when they were offered for free. Now I want to read them! (And if they were written by self-published authors who were hoping for positive reviews, I will be writing those for the books I enjoy.) I'll be reading Walking with Bilbo by Sarah Arthur first.

Then for fun, along with whatever books come along for review, I plan to finish as many series I've started as I can. Again, there is no way I'll get through them all in one year. My must-read-to-finish-series list on Goodreads has 75 titles. But I've been reading through The House of Winslow series by Gilbert Morris since 1999, and I still have four books to go (plus the three books in the spin-off series A Winslow Breed, but they won't count toward this theme). It's time for me to finish some of these series. I'll actually be starting with The Price of Privilege by Jessica Dotta which I just received for review. This will wrap up her ultra-mysterious Price of Privilege trilogy.

  • Your turn! What reading themes or goals are you setting for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment