Monday, October 6, 2014

Book Review: "The Story Keeper"

Wow! This book was worth waiting for! It initially got lost in the mail, but finally found its way here. I loved reading it!

The story is romantic, but it's not a romance. You may have to read it to figure out what that means. It's the story of a New York editor who finds a mystery on her desk. The quest to solve it leads her back to her childhood home in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. It brings her face to face with a reclusive and angry author and gets her emotions all tangled up with a longing to help the impoverished children of her community of origin to escape as she did.

I loved the themes of individuality, family, community, ancestry, and history. I also enjoyed learning about the Melungeon people and reading about the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. I appreciated seeing the way that Jen and Evan and Rand and Sarra matured as their stories progressed. Lisa Wingate's book has given me a lot to reflect upon.

Tyndale House Publishers sent me a complimentary copy of The Story Keeper in exchange for this honest review. I gladly recommend it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment