Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon, Day 2

Here's today's update on my read-a-thon progress. Mondays are especially busy for me, so I'm off to a slow start but pleased with the progress I made:

The Hedge People by Louise Carey (Still on Chapter 9)

The Rescuer by Dee Henderson (Now on Chapter 9; two chapters read)

Thief of Glory by Sigmund Brouwer (Now on Chapter 38; eight chapters read)

The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate (I'm still waiting for this book to show up in my mailbox! Evidently it was lost in the mail, but now it is once again on its way.)

Palace of Darkness by Tracy Higley (I'll start this book when I finish Thief of Glory.)

Just Jane by Nancy Moser (Currently on Chapter 5; one chapter read)

Speak by Nish Weiseth (Currently on Chapter 4; one chapter read)

The Maiden of Mayfair by Lawana Blackwell (Still on Chapter 8)

With Thief of Glory, I go back and forth between being enthralled and being mortified, but it is set in a WWII internment camp in Indonesia, after all. Just Jane is an amazing read! Though fiction, Nancy Moser does a beautiful job of letting readers look into Jane Austen's head to learn what she might have been thinking and feeling as she pursued her writing dreams and at what events from her life might have prompted some of her classic stories.

Now I'm off to visit some of the other read-a-thon participants to learn what progress they are making and cheer them on! Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow, same time.

3 comments:

  1. great job! I ended up having a lot of free time yesterdy so I read a bit more.good luck with your goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're reading several at the same time. I hope today you get more read! :)

    ReplyDelete