Monday, September 8, 2014

The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon, Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon hosted by my reading friend, Tressa, of the Wishful Endings blog.

This read-a-thon will run from September 8 to 20, and the goal will be for all participants to whittle away at their ever-growing TBR piles and to post updates and reviews on their blogs or favorite form of social media. I'll be posting here until the 18th with a wrap-up post on the 21st.

When I first decided to play this game, I posted a list of books I was planning to read in September, knowing that I'd be reading some of them between the 8th and the 18th. This is what that list looks like now:

The Hedge People by Louise Carey (Currently on Chapter 9)

The Rescuer by Dee Henderson (Currently on Chapter 7)

Thief of Glory by Sigmund Brouwer (Currently on Chapter 30)

The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate (I'm still waiting for this book to show up in my mailbox!)

Never Ever Give Up by Erik Rees (I finished reading this book on September 1. Click here to read my review.)

Hooked by Les Edgerton (I finished reading this book on September 6.)

Palace of Darkness by Tracy Higley (I'll start this book when I finish Thief of Glory.)

Just Jane by Nancy Moser (I've added this in place of The Story Keeper for now. One of my GoodReads groups is reading it this month. Currently on Chapter 4)

Speak by Nish Weiseth (This is my BookLook Blogger choice to follow Never Ever Give Up. Currently on Chapter 3)

The Maiden of Mayfair by Lawana Blackwell (This was one of the first Kindle Freebies I ever found. It demands to be read now! Currently on Chapter 8)

So that's where I stand as I start this endeavor. I'll be back with updates tomorrow.

If you haven't signed up for this read-a-thon yet, but would like to, clicking on the picture will take you to Tressa's sign-up blog post. Sign-ups can continue until September 17th! Click here to read Tressa's kick-off post.

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I hope you get to reach your goals and read as many as you can. :)

    Tackle TBR
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great place to start from! Too bad you don't have The Story Keeper yet. That was a good book! Good luck, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Good luck on your read a thon!

    ReplyDelete