Thankfully, I keep a quote journal for just such emergencies. I'm recording the best, most thought-provoking sentences in it for future pondering.
I love quotes that strike me as true! If I own the book, I discover them in, I'll highlight or underline in a color that matches the cover of the book. (Basic yellow highlighting or black or blue ink is just too ordinary for words that have value--unless they happen to match the cover of the book. And bright colors are just so much fun!) Sometimes I share these quotes on GoodReads or Pinterest or Twitter because great words must be read. And if the quote provokes a train of thought that just can't be stopped, I'll record my thoughts on this blog labelled Words Aptly Spoken.
How about you?
- Do you write in your books?
- Do you use a particular highlighter or pen?
- How do you collect the quotes that catch your imagination?
- Have you found ways to share them with others?
- Why do you choose to share or not share?
- What book most recently read has demanded further thought, greater digestion of ideas?