Saturday, June 14, 2014

Book Review: I'm No Angel

It all started with a Tweet: “I quit being a VS model to become a Proverbs 31 wife.” Kylie Bisutti had no idea anyone would want to hear her story, but once they read that simple message, they did. So she told it in her book, I’m No Angel: From Victoria’s Secret Model to Role Model.

The beauty in this story is all in God’s patient work in one young woman’s life and in her obedient response. Kylie loves the Lord. She loves her husband. She cares about young women, like herself, who are being pressured to do whatever it takes to be beautiful in the world’s eyes. Kylie's eyes were opened when her eight-year-old cousin threatened to stop eating, so she could grow up to be beautiful like Kylie. Kylie decided that being a Victoria’s Secret model wasn’t the kind of model she wanted to be. I’m No Angel is her testimony.

The book concludes with a 30-Day True Beauty Makeover: a daily devotional, divided into five relevant sections, to help young women develop truly beautiful lives as they seek God’s will for their lives. Each message is profoundly simply, focusing on one important truth. Women who wrestle with self-esteem issues will benefit from reading this bonus section of the book.

No one sent me this book for review. I obtained my own copy and chose to read and review it for Tyndale’s Summer Reading Program. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys biographies and testimonies of God’s work in His people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment