Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review: You Don't Know Me

You Don’t Know Me by Susan May Warren is a story of secrets and honesty and forgiveness and second chances and trusting God to help with it all. I really enjoyed reading this book! It’s the sixth of the Deep Haven Novels, though these books don’t have to be read in order. (I still haven’t gotten to books 1, 2, and 3, but plan to very soon, I hope!) Each of these books is set in the small tourist town of Deep Haven, Minnesota, and tells the story of some of the inhabitants there.

You Don’t Know Me is the story of the Decker family. Nathan and Annalise appear to be the perfect couple with three nearly perfect kids. Middle child, Colleen is the only one Annalise worries about. Colleen’s attraction to Tucker, the boy Annalise has branded bad news, is cause for great concern.

Greater concerns are coming, though. Agent Frank Harrison has news about the man Annalise testified against twenty years ago . . . when she was still Deidre O’Reilly . . . before she entered the witness security program and changed her whole identity, a little fact she neglected to mention to her family.

I won’t tell you any more, except that Susan May Warren came up with the perfect solution to this tragic dilemma while weaving many essential truths about Christian living into the tale. (I was most touched by Helen's struggle and growth.)
I’m happy to recommend this book which I obtained on my own just because I wanted to read it.
BlogSign

No comments:

Post a Comment