Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book Review: Sparkly Green Earrings

Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle is her memoir of motherhood thus far. Within its 27 chapters, Melanie takes us from the decision to have a child to her daughter’s eighth birthday. She covers sleepless nights, preschool challenges, sandbox socialization, and why road trips are worth the effort. As I laughed and, sometimes, empathized, my way through each chapter, I often had to agree, “Yes—that’s just the way it is.”

If you’re preparing for motherhood or deep in the trenches of child rearing, you’ll find comfort in Melanie’s stories, knowing others have been through it, too. Sparkly Green Earrings will help you see the humor, hope, and joy. And, if you’ve already grown through the early years, this book will bring back treasured memories as you giggle with another mother who has been there and done that.

I obtained this book on my own when it was offered free for Amazon Kindle a few months ago. I’m reviewing it to participate in Tyndale’s Summer Reading Program.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment