Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Review: Sisterchicks in Gondolas

I’ve been meaning to get to the Sisterchicks series by Robin Jones Gunn for some time now, so I was thankful when Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers sent a complimentary copy of Sisterchicks in Gondolas for my review. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this series, but I like what I found. Sisterchicks in Gondolas is actually the sixth book in the series, but each book stands alone, telling the story of two women travelling together. In the book I read, sisters-in-law Jenna and Sue travel to Venice, Italy to cook for a men-in-ministry retreat. They live in a refurbished palace, sleep on the roof, become acquainted with several townspeople, and sample gelato all over the place.

The story has a simple and light-hearted feel, yet Jenna and Sue both carry deep pain. The message of healing, forgiveness, and starting anew is subtle, but profound. I loved the way Gunn delivered it.

I also loved reading about Jenna and Sue’s adventure through the historic town, their daily discoveries, communication struggles, and means of finding fun. I plan to soon read some of the other books to learn what Gunn has other Sisterchicks up to. I'm happy to recommend Sisterchicks in Gondolas to you.
BlogSign

No comments:

Post a Comment