Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Review: One Thousand Gifts Devotional

Last year about this time, I read Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts for the first time*. (Yes. There will be a second time someday!) I loved it so much, I went right out and bought copies for my mom and daughter-in law. Now I’ve discovered her new One Thousand Gifts Devotional and just may have go out buying copies for gifts again.

This book is just that inspiring!

To begin with, Voskamp’s writing style is truly unique. It’s a combination of poetry and literature and rambling sentences full of devotion to God and living His way. Voskamp paints pictures with her words that one can’t help but see clearly. It’s almost like visiting her farm every day.

Better yet, Voskamp helps her readers understand what really matters in this life: developing a genuine attitude of thanksgiving that carries one into God’s Presence and keeps one there. All the time.

Her first book introduced the concept. This second helps readers practice on a daily basis as they read and reflect on sixty grace-related devotionals. In fact, the book includes lines at the end of each chapter for personal gratitude lists with a numbered set of lines at the back of the book for listing one’s own noted one thousand gifts.

I received a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review. I’ll most definitely have to add it to my list of one thousand gifts. I earnestly recommend this book to you.
BlogSign

Note: I did not read Voskamp's first book for review. I purchased it on my own and read it just because I really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment