Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Book Review: Grace

Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine is Max Lucado’s most powerful book yet. When I’ve read his other books, I’ve paced myself—about a chapter a day to savor and think slowly through. I enjoy reading his books that way and will probably go back and do that with this one, too. But I was so drawn into this one that I just kept reading, all the way through.

Lucado covers all aspects of grace. He writes of God’s gracious nature, His mercy, His desire to forgive, and His compassionate, Fatherly love. He writes of our sin and makes it clear that we need grace. He speaks the truth in love, but he does not soften the necessary blow. He writes of saving grace and sustaining grace, of receiving grace and giving grace. His message throughout is clear and true. He presents the Gospel, teaches how to live the Christian life, and tells us of our future hope.

Each chapter has both Bible story and life application woven into it. Lucado shares his personal experiences and those of others whose actions, needs, and testimonies help us better understand. He opens each chapter with a page of three or four Scripture verses or relevant quotes, chosen to introduce that chapter’s point. The book closes with a reader’s guide written by Kate Etue.

No one weaves words together to communicate clearly and concisely like Lucado does. My heart was touched by the message in this book which so simply reflects the Message of my favorite Book.

I thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending a complimentary copy for this honest review. I particularly recommend it to anyone who has ever believed their life is messed up beyond God's grace. This message will help open your eyes to the glorious Truth.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment