Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Book Review: Prayers of a Stranger

Prayers of a Stranger: a Christmas Journey by Davis Bunn is such a beautiful story! I was so touched by it that I read it through mostly in one afternoon. It’s a story of deep loss, grief, and a struggle toward healing. It’s the story of a couple in pain, who still manage to minister to those all around them, reaching out to neighbors and co-workers, setting boundaries where needed, always sticking up for what is right. When those neighbors and co-workers reach out in love right back, God uses their overtures to bring healing all around.

As I read this comparatively short story (only 210 pages, but they were enough), I especially loved the parts set in Israel. The author made me want to travel there myself! I was proud of Amanda and Emily for leaving the tour bus. I also loved how the characters throughout the book interacted with each other: with forbearance, forgiveness, understanding, wisdom, compassion, honesty, boldness, and encouragement. Lucy’s story in particular filled my heart with hope.

This Christmas, you simply have to read Prayers of a Stranger!

I thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending a complimentary copy for this honest review. I was blessed to read this book.
BlogSign

No comments:

Post a Comment