Monday, July 9, 2012

Book Review: Tidewater Inn

I just finished reading Colleen Coble’s new book, Tidewater Inn, and I loved it! This is the first of her books I’ve read, but I’ll be catching up on others. Coble is a great storyteller, able to weave subtle Christian truths into her tales.

Tidewater Inn is both mystery and romance. When Libby Holladay witnesses the kidnapping of her best friend and business partner, she travels to Hope Island to help police find her. Sadly, she becomes the prime suspect in the case. At the same time, she learns that she has inherited the island’s Tidewater Inn from her father—a man she’d been told had died when she was five. Not only had he lived, he’d raised a second family, a family who has no interest in getting to know Libby.

Family is a huge theme in this book. Giving generously is another. The power to choose was my favorite: we always have a choice. We trust God to help us when right choices are unknown or difficult to make. Rewards for obedience, though not always what we expect them to be, will always be granted. God is faithful to His faithful children. The concepts of living as Jesus would live and leaving a legacy are touched on in this book, too.

I enjoyed the story and appreciated its messages. I’m happy to recommend this book to you! Thomas Nelson Publishers sent a complimentary eCopy for my honest review.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment