Monday, July 23, 2012

Book Review: God Forsaken

God Forsaken by Dinesh D’Souza is a brilliant read. I chose to read it as part of Tyndale House Publisher’s summer reading program—an opportunity to earn free books! But I’m so thankful for this prompting. I loved this book!

The book has multiple purposes, clearly noted throughout and summarized in the concluding chapter. (My high school English teacher would have loved D’Souza’s perfect research paper presentation skills. I know I appreciated them; they made the flow of his ideas so easy to follow. But that’s beside the point. The content of this book is incredible.)

Simply put, D’Souza comprehensively and systematically tackles all of the atheist arguments against the existence of God while also helping Christians understand why bad things happen to good people and how to cope with the resulting suffering all within the pages of one 13 chapter book. He refutes the arguments of atheists such as Nietzsche and Hawking while expanding upon the thoughts of C.S. Lewis and other great Christian thinkers who have written on this topic. His research is thorough and his personal ideas are clear. (He lost me for a little while at the beginning of Chapter 10, but then came at his point from another angle and brought me on board again.)

Those who enjoy absorbing new thoughts on these continuing debates, the existence of God and the problem of suffering, will most definitely want to read D’Souza’s new book.
BlogSign

No comments:

Post a Comment