Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Book Review: The Baker's Wife

I chose The Baker’s Wife for review out of author loyalty. I’ve enjoyed both of Erin Healy’s other books (Never Let You Go and The Promises She Keeps), so I hoped I would enjoy this one, too, though it’s description didn’t really intrigue me.

Erin Healy did not disappoint me. This book turned out to be my favorite of the three. I’m happy to recommend it to you!

The baker’s wife is a former pastor’s wife—same husband, new career, brought on by unjust circumstances. The two, along with their grown son, continue their ministry of outreach to hurting people by turning their marriage hobby into a community business.

Unfortunately, when the baker’s wife is involved in a mysterious accident resulting in a missing person’s case, the man responsible for forcing them out of the church determines he must destroy them as well. The baker’s wife and two unlikely allies must work quickly to solve the mystery and set things right.

I enjoyed the story and also appreciated Healy’s subtle questions about and insights into what is a sincere Christian life. Diane Hall, the somewhat wrongly convicted murderess, was one of my favorite characters; I appreciated her side story and the message it contained.

If you enjoy a good mystery with a thought-provoking message, you’ll want to read this book!
BlogSign

Oops! Disclaimer here: Thank you, Thomas Nelson Publishers, for sending a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment