Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Book Review: Smack-Dab in the Middle of God's Love

I love children’s books! And when I read the title of this one, I knew it would be fun. I wasn’t disappointed! If ever I have grandchildren, I’m buying them this one.

Smack Dab in the Middle of God’s Love tells about a couple named Willie-Juan and Ana who couldn’t have children of their own, “but their house was always filled with children from the neighborhood, and maybe that was the next best thing.”

One day the children gather around Willie Juan, with Ana nearby, and they ask him questions and he asks them questions and together they explore the concept of God’s love—and it’s expressed delightfully! This book will make you smile all over and praise the Lord for loving you so much!

Storytellers Brennan Manning and John Blase weave so many colorful details into this story. The explanation and repeated us of the phrase “smack dab in the middle” is fun. The hummingbirds are sweet, and when they giggle, it’s just too much! The children’s questions are well-thought out and answered perfectly. And Nicole Tadgell’s illustrations are just right for the story.

Thomas Nelson publishers offered me a complimentary copy of the eBook version of this book for my honest review. For children, though, I absolutely recommend the hardcover version they can hold in their hands and savor, turning pages themselves and snuggling next to you.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment