Sunday, July 3, 2011

Book Review: A Place Called Blessing

Though I haven't yet read The Blessing by John Trent and Gary Smalley, I've heard good things about it. That's why I chose to read A Place Called Blessing by John Trent when Thomas Nelson Publishers offered a complimentary copy for my review through their BookSneeze program. I loved this simple book!

A Place Called Blessing is a fictional story meant to illustrate the five principles of The Blessing put into practice. It's the story of Josh, an orphan from a neglectful home who finds himself, first, in the foster care system, then, through a tragic accident, labelled an unadoptable, problem kid. Josh gives up on himself and on all other people--until he encounters people who relentlessly believe in him and encourage him to pursue good things.

I could not put this book down, and the absolutely perfect ending totally surprised me. I can't say any more without giving important details away, but it's a short and inspirational story with a carefully thought-out note from the author and discussion questions for each chapter at the end. I'm happy to recommend this book to you. (And now I need to go read The Blessing!)
BlogSign

1 comment:

  1. May her flag fly high & proud forever over this great land ... may God see the changes we need & grant us that blessing.

    Happy 4th, my friend,

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete