Sunday, June 12, 2011

Book Review: A Vision of Lucy

A Vision of Lucy is the third book in the Rocky Creek Romance series by Margaret Brownley. I enjoyed the story so much that I’ve already ordered the first book in the series, so I can learn how Sarah ended up married to . . . Oops. Better not give that away. Though I don’t find knowing the answer myself a problem. I know the story’s going to be good anyway!

In A Vision of Lucy, Lucy Fairbanks is an aspiring professional photographer who gets herself into one pickle after another trying to line up the perfect shot. The bulkiness of her equipment doesn’t even keep her from climbing trees and such in order to take great photographs. Unfortunately, few of her family and friends appreciate her skill. They find it more of a nuisance than anything and wish she’d find herself a man, get married, and settle down.

On one of Lucy’s escapades, she accidently meets the mysterious wild man about whom rumors have been flying all over town. When she realizes he isn’t really wild, she sets out to reveal the truth.

Her quest is what this story’s about.

Adding interest to the book are mysterious photographic advice quotations by Miss Gertrude Hasslebrink of 1878. These appear at the beginning of each chapter, adding a touch of historic humor and foreshadowing something to come.

If you enjoy lighthearted Christian romances in historical settings, I recommend this book to you! Thank you, Thomas Nelson Publishers, for sending a complimentary copy for my review.
BlogSign

No comments:

Post a Comment