Sunday, June 26, 2011

Book Review: Seeing the Unseen

Seeing the Unseen by T.W. Hunt is a quick read, just a few more than a hundred pages, but it’s packed with the wisdom that Hunt acquired while recovering from a lengthy illness. During this time, Hunt considered the spiritual realm and all that it has to offer. He shows his readers how everything changes when view their temporary physical lives through the lens of God’s eternal Kingdom. He shows how their prayer lives take on deeper meaning in light of God’s greater purposes.

The book was difficult to read at first. It didn’t seem to have a clear outline. I often felt like Hunt was throwing random thoughts out at me one after another. Some were brilliant, but I couldn’t find anything to grasp hold of. I wanted him to slow down, tell me more about each point, and show me how one thought led to another. I couldn’t figure out his overall message to me.

This started to change in chapter six where he presented seven factors for infusing prayers with faith. In chapter seven, he told how he is learning to experience each of these personally. In chapter eight, he gives a summary of the points of the book, which makes the meaning of the earlier chapters clear. I was thankful for this and was engrossed to the end of the book.

If you long for a deeper prayer life and a clearer sense of God’s Presence in your life, Seeing the Unseen can help you find what you’re looking for. Hunt will help you cultivate a growing faith.
Photobucket

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from NavPress Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment