Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Review: The Quotable Rogue

What a great idea! In his book, The Quotable Rogue, Matt Lewis has come up with 32 topics of interest to Americans today and has presented a collection of quotations by Sarah Palin on each. He closes with a chapter of quotes by others about Sarah Palin. Technically, Lewis didn’t write the book, but he assembled it, and he did so well.

If I had a book like this for every political candidate, voting would be much simpler. Instead of sorting through the confusion of what the media and others say Palin said, I can read her actual words on subjects I’m concerned about. (In the introduction, Lewis gives examples of specific ways some people have twisted her words to make her look silly.) The Quotable Rogue makes Palin’s stands on issues more clear. It also reveals more of her character. Until I read this book, I kind of had the impression that Palin was like a cheerleader who’d decided to run for class president. The Quotable Rogue paints a much more respectful picture. Quotes in the book show Palin to be highly intelligent, solid in her beliefs, and tough enough to get in there and do whatever she believes needs to be done. She also has a great sense of humor about politics.

I appreciated the insights I gleaned from this book. Thank you, Thomas Nelson Publishers, for sending a complimentary eCopy for my honest review.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment