Monday, April 18, 2011

Book Review: Max on Life

Max on Life. Though this isn’t a typical Max Lucado book, I really appreciated all it has to offer. It’s similar in set up to Dr. James Dobson’s Solid Answers. To produce Max on Life, Lucado has selected 172 questions asked by his congregation, readers, and radio audience to answer in this book. Some answers are taken from previous works; others are new to this one. All are meant to help us with our biggest questions on life.

The book is divided into seven sections: Hope, Hurt, Help, Him/Her, Home, Haves/Have-Nots, and Hereafter. It also includes an inspirational message for aspiring writers that tells a little about how Lucado started writing and what should motivate us. (I loved his insights about Bible writers.) Finally, in case you choose to use the book as a reference as needed, there are topical and Scripture indexes in the back to help with this.

Lucado’s answers, as regular readers would expect, are well-thought out and clearly presented. Most include his familiar anecdotes and plays on words that entertain while helping readers understand. Though surprised by the book’s format, I wasn’t disappointed. I recommend this book and thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for sending it to me.
BlogSign


Note to grammarians: In case you were wondering, I looked it up—either indices or indexes is correct. Though indices is traditional, indexes comes first in my dictionary and makes the most sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment