Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Book Review: Still House Pond

I loved everything about the book, Still House Pond. The setting was beautiful and author Jan Watson described it so well that I actually felt I was there witnessing events as they unfolded. The characters were people I'd like to meet and get to know, so I loved reading their story. The plot was complex and unpredictable, yet not shocking or horrific or disturbing. Watson told me enough to keep me from worrying about the characters, yet kept me curious about how things would unfold for them each moment. I almost read the entire book in one sitting--that's unusual for me.

Evidently, Still House Pond is a sequel of sorts, building a new story in the lives of characters previously introduced. But I didn't know this until I read the about the author section at the end of the book; the story is completely self-contained. I didn't feel like I had missed anything or notice that the author was referring back to previous stories from time to time. (But now that I know the other stories are out there, I'll look forward to reading them someday, too.)

If you enjoy a good story about interesting people who love and care about each other, I recommend Still House Pond to you.
BlogSign

Thank you, Tyndale House Publishers, for sending this historical Christian fiction book for my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment