Monday, April 12, 2010

Book Review: Forget Me Not

I was a few chapters into this book when I realized I still didn’t know the main character’s name. Figuring I must have missed something, I skimmed back through. But no, I really didn’t know her name. I kept reading, trusting the author would reveal it in time. Then the character was kidnapped, presumably left for dead, and woke to realize she didn’t know her name either. Suddenly, it all made sense that nothing made sense. I was reading a story with many mysterious threads for the author to untangle, one at a time as I read to the end.

I really enjoyed this book!

Fans of Dee Henderson will enjoy it, too; Vicki Hinze and her styles are similar. Mystery, danger, suspense, and a hint of romance. Characters you can’t help but care about in a setting you’d like to visit—except for the danger and suspense. And Hinze has promised a sequel to tell the story of other characters introduced in this book. I’ll be watching for that! Can’t wait.

In this book, along with the great story, I loved how the main character remembered and clung to her faith though she’d forgotten everything else. How she practiced it and modeled it for others through all she endured was a beautifully written element in a hard-to-put-down book. Thank you to Waterbrook Multnomah for sending a copy for me to review.
BlogSign

No comments:

Post a Comment